Bernat sweater update

I have knit like crazy since I started this sweater. After four days I had finished all the parts, and was very proud of myself. With its easy ribbed pattern it was really the perfect TV project.

IMG_4254

I had been looking forward to adding the stripes, since I was very curious as to how it would work out. It was a tiny bit annoying, but I think my use of a small crochet hook was to blame. It was a bit too small for the yarn, but otherwise the stitches were too big. Again, whatever I do turns out a bit too loose.

(it was my husbands day off, so we shared a beer)

IMG_4273

Sooooooo many ends to weave in.

IMG_4279

All the finished parts! I sewed the sleeves, but when it came to the shoulders I just could not pull myself together. I kinda hate sewing together my knitting. But I have been very productive, so I think I deserve a break.

IMG_4284

So, back to knitting socks. Just when I think I have knitted too many socks in too short a time, the urge comes over me again. I’ll finish the sweater next week.

IMG_4289

A pdf for the sweater pattern is found in the original post.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Bernat sweater update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s